1. Map Type. Select the map type to display. For more information click here.
2. Rotate map. When this option is checked. the map rotates to follow two different schemes, alternated automaticaly:
– if the devise stays still, the map aligns to the compass needle, to follow the user orientation,
– if the user moves by a speed > 0.5 Km/h, the rotation follows the cource heading.
After the user stops moving (so speed valus is lesser than 0.5 Km/h), there a delay of 20 secs before the rotation scheme goes back to the compass bearing angle.
3. Auto Zoom. It allows the correlation of the zoom level and the tilt of the map image to the vehicle movement speed. As the vehicle accelerates, map is zoomed out and tilted, and the map centerd is lowering towards the bottom of the screen, allowing for larger viewable area.
When the vehicle deceleratrs, the map is zoomed in, the tilt angle goes back to zero and the map center regains the screen center.
The speed/ zoom level correlation is linear, and the steps are fixed to 0, 15, 30, 50 και 90 Km/h, three different profiles are provided however Travel, Off Road και Extreme. Fora each profile, zoom levels are changed as follows
Extreme: 18 / 17 / 16 / 15 / 14
Off Road: 17 / 16 / 15 / 14 / 13
Travel: 16 / 15 / 14 / 13 / 12
These values have been found to cope perfectly with the detail change and readibility of most maps.
4. Screen Scale Factor. Manual and automatic adjustment of map relative resolution to cope to screen resolution, in order to provide the best readable result. Base resolution is set to 200 dpi, so for screens with lower resolution (<200 dpi) the map is zoomed out and for screen resulution > 200 dpi the map image is zoomed in. Auto settings tries to keep the final image close to 200 dpi, whilest 5 other settings are available.
5. Clear off-line maps. Delete the cached maps. The dialog allows to set the map type and the level range to be deleted.
6. Off-line maps storage. Select the folder to cache the maps. All map types will be cached tin the same location.
1. GPS fix arrow. Select GPS fix symbol. Four colors on two sizes are available.
2. Location from WiFi/GSM. Allows the app to get location information from WiFi adresses or telecom cell networks. The position information from these resources cannot be recorded.
3. Recording time interval. Set the time span to record a new trackpoint.
4. Recording distance interval. Set the distance in meters to record a new trackpoint.
5. Track Generalization. Enable generalization of tracks while moved to the memory and set the generalization tolerance (3 steps available).
6. Adjust altitudes over geoid. Refer elevation values to the geoid instead to ellipsoid. The difference between the two models vary, but geoid is much more accurate in most globe areas
1. Screen orientation. Auto, Portrait and Landcsape. The device relevant setting must be enabled.
2. Keep screen always on. Forces screen to remain always on. Otherwise, after the time span set in device settings, the screen dimms, allowing for a much longer battery life.
3. Select language. Set the languege for menus and other labels. It overrides the device setting. Four languages are available: english, french, german and greek.